The Development Associate is responsible for identifying and managing a large pool of prospective notfor-profit institutions. He/She will develop and deliver high-impact messages that capture
This is an opportunity for a high-achieving and high-energy college graduate interested in learning about consultative sales within one of
Development Associate Responsibilities:
• Schedule consultative sales meetings with senior-level executives to meet monthly targets
• Assist Development Director with background market research on organizations to identify senior-level contacts and summarize short- and long-term strategic goals relevant to the institution
• Support Development Director across the sales cycle, from building initial relationships to helping finalize contracts in a new partnership
A successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Minimum 3.0 GPA or a bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university
• A resume that demonstrates over-achievement and leadership
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectiveness in conveying clear, wellunderstood and articulated messages
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Previous successful sales experience OR a strong interest in a business development role
• The ability and desire to work in a challenging, fast-paced, quasi start-up environment in which you have clear and measurable performance expectations
• Technical aptitude sufficient to master
• An interest in grant development
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
• Willingness to be accountable for aggressive monthly scheduling goals
• Strong motivation by performance bonuses for exceeding goals
• The desire to play an integral role in the evolution of a young, rapidly growing firm
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree (business, marketing, and communications majors are preferred)
0 - 2 years of full-time or part-time sales experience; previous leadership, professional, and/or internship experience must be quantified or resumes will not be considered.
This position offers a base salary plus additional performance-based compensation.
Please apply online at: http://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/ by uploading a resume, cover letter and business writing sample in a Word or PDF document.
Applicants failing to include a cover letter will not be considered.
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. While all applications will be reviewed, we regret
that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.